Who will Be Next Army Chief after General Raheel Sharif of Pakistan Army
Who will be Next Army Chief after General Raheel Sharif of Pakistan Army. General Raheel Sharif retirement date is Novermber 2016. The potential candidate for Army Chief ( Chief of Army Staff COAS ) of Pakistan
- Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif holds a record who has appointed the most army chiefs of Pakistan.
- PM Nawaz Sharif earlier picks as COAS ( Army Chief ) were
- Gen Asif Nawaz Janjua (1991)
- Gen Waheed Kakar (1993)
- Gen Pervez Musharraf (1998)
- Gen Raheel Sharif (2013)
- Options for Prime Minister of Pakistan Mian Muhammad Nawaz Sharif for the COAS ( Army Chief ) in Seniority List are
- Chief of General Staff Lt Gen Zubair Hayat
- Heavy Industrial Complex Taxila Chairman Lt Gen Syed Wajid Hussain
- Director General Joint Staff Lt Gen Najibullah Khan
- Multan Corps Commander Lt Gen Ishfaq Nadeem Ahmed
- Bahawalpur Corps Commander Lt Gen Javed Iqbal Ramday
- Inspector General Training and Evaluation Lt Gen Qamar Javed Bajwa
- Lt Gen Syed Wajid Hussain and Lt Gen Najibullah Khan are not technically qualified to be appointed army chief since they have not commanded a corps.
- Lt Gen Maqsood Ahmed, who is serving as military adviser with the United Nations, is already on an extension and not eligible for promotion either.
- All four generals eligible for promotion are from the 62nd PMA Long Course.
The seniority list of candidates for army chief ( COAS ) after General Raheel Sharif retirement date Novermber 2016.